To anyone who is serious about smoking cigars, you will need to purchase a humidor. For all other stogies related content refer to our homepage.
Why Do You Need A Humidor?
Humidors are used to control the climate for storing your cigars. The cigars need to be kept at specific humidity levels to mimic the climate where the tobacco is grown. For optimal storage cigars need to be kept:
- Humidity: 68-74%
- Max Temperature: 73°F (23°C)
- Ideal Conditions: 70°F (21°C) and 70% humidity.
Without proper storage, ie. a humidor, cigars will last around 1-2weeks but this is dependent on your climate. Refer to our post about making your own humidor if you are unable to purchase one. For a short period of time, it is best to store cigars in a sealable, ziplock plastic bag. Never store your cigars in the fridge.
What Happens Without a Humidor
A few things can go wrong if you don’t store your cigars properly. These include:
- Burning too fast
- Bitter taste
- Difficulty lighting
- The cigar may go out while smoking
- Beetle infestation
Choosing a Humidor
While there are a few key things to consider when purchasing a humidor, a big factor is a style. This is a personal choice so while you need to consider the functionality if it ticks all the boxes then choose one based on style.
They come in all shapes and sizes and can hold from a handful of cigars, well into the hundreds. For hot and humid climates you will want to look into purchasing a wineador. For complete beginners, we recommend a tabletop humidor. They are great entry-level humidors and are generally inexpensive.
This is another plus as if you are unsure of your cigar-smoking future you won’t want to pay too much. Generally, the inside is comprised of Spanish cedar. The type of wood is key as not all wood is suitable for the required humidity levels.
The Best Humidors
Here is a list of the best 12 cigar humidors you can get. As mentioned, the style you choose is very personal.
The Old Glory Weathered American Flag Exterior Humidor is great for patriotic Americans. This design is finished with the American flag. It can hold up to 100 cigars. It also comes with a hygrometer, humidifier, lock, and key.
Boasting sure seal technology meaning your humidor is going to seal very well. Overall a great humidor.
- Beautiful finish and design
- Large storage capacity
- Excellent seals
- Hard to find a fault with this humidor, there has been one instance of the hygrometer coming loose.
Can you picture this beautiful Desktop Old World humidor on your desk? A stunning model with an old map and a fantastic humidor. The walnut wood has an antique distressed finish making. The humidor can hold up to 100 cigars and has a lock and key.
The inside is lined with Spanish cedar making this fantastic for enhancing the aroma and for assisting in climate control with moisture retention. There is also a tray and two dividers on the bottom which makes separating your cigars simple.
Overall a stunning piece of craftsmanship and great humidor.
- Extremely well made.
- Beautiful design
- Large cigar capacity
- Issues with the seal.
- Humidifier comes loose from time to time.
For those who like to buy their cigars in bulk, the Ravello Humidor is for you. This humidor can hold up to 300 cigars. This is cute a bulk humidor and will make quite the statement on your desk or in your smoking area.
Featuring two large humidifiers and 1 glass hygrometer and storage for cigar accessories. In the image, you will notice that there are 4 drawers. The bottom two would be ideal for cigar accessories or as storage whereas the other two are fake.
A great seal to ensure the humidity remains optimal and thus preserving your cigars.
- Very large cigar capacity.
- Stunning design- quality wood.
- Storage for cigar accessories.
- Yet to find a fault with this humidor.
Another stunning Quality Importers. This is a statement piece, made with quality high-gloss rosewood and a maple-burled wood inlay. The total capacity is 100 cigars. Lined with Spanish cedar to enhance aroma and assist in climate control.
In addition, there is a drawer at the bottom for cigar accessory storage. With a front-mounted glass hydrometer and carry handles on the side made of brass, this is a great humidor.
- Beautiful design, solid maple burled wood.
- Large cigar capacity.
- Drawer for cigar accessories.
- A few issues with the hygrometer not working.
$69.99 in stock
- KEEP YOUR CIGARS FRESH – Cigars need to be stored at a specific temperature and moisture level to maintain their quality. Protect your collection with our glass top humidor cigar box!
- CONVENIENT FEATURES – This cigar humidor comes with a hygrometer for checking humidity. The removable cedar tray with divider makes organizing easy, and the box also has a lock and key set for added security.
- GORGEOUS DESIGN – With its luxurious felt-lined bottom, Spanish Cedar lining, and solid brass hinges, this cigar humidifier box makes an impressive decorative piece that you’ll love to display.
- EXTRA LARGE CAPACITY – Get plenty of room for your cigars! Our large humidor is capable of holding 50 to 100 cigars, depending on ring gauge. Its exterior dimensions measure 13.5 x 9.4 x 6.3 inches.
- CLASSY GIFT IDEA – Put a smile on a loved one’s face! This cigar humidor box is a delightful present for Father’s Day, Christmas, birthdays, anniversaries, weddings, and other special occasions.
A few reasons why Mantello 100 Cigar Desktop Humidor Glasstop is our top selection. The humidor is Spanish Cedar Lined with a tempered glass top and solid brass hinges. Measuring at approximately 13.5 x 9.4 x 6.3 inches this will look stylish on any desktop.
It also includes a humidor, humidifier, tray, and divider. This humidor is designed to last while looking sophisticated and stylish with two compartments for storing up to 100 cigars depending on the ring gauge.
La Cubana Cherry Wooden
|Binding||Health and Beauty|
|EAN List||EAN List Element: 0852032006884|
|Number Of Items||1|
|Package Dimensions||Height: 490; Length: 1110; Weight: 485; Width: 970|
|Product Group||Health and Beauty|
|Product Type Name||HEALTH_PERSONAL_CARE|
|Title||La Cubana Cherry Wooden Cigar Humidor with Golden Metal Holds up to 50 Cigars|
|UPC List||UPC List Element: 852032006884|
The La Cubana Humidor is a beautiful humidor that is made of solid, scratch-resistant cherry wood with a metal framework. With a dried Spanish Cedar interior, moisture will not be an issue for your cigars. I actually think the cedar enhances the aroma of the stored cigars.
This humidor is made to last while looking sophisticated and stylish with two compartments for storing up to 50 cigars depending on the ring gauge.
- Scratch-resistant cedarwood.
- Stylish and highly effective.
- Stores up to 50 cigars.
- Issues with delivery and packaging.
$44.99 in stock
- KEEP YOUR CIGARS FRESH – Protect your cigar collection with our glass-top humidor box! Its sealed construction keeps moisture out, while the hygrometer lets you check humidity levels at any time.
- PLENTY OF ROOM – Our wood and glass box is capable of holding 25 to 50 cigars, depending on ring size. It also has a removable cedar divider to make organizing your collection even easier.
- GREAT GIFT IDEA FOR MEN – Need a present to brighten up someone’s special day? Our cigar humidor case is the perfect birthday, anniversary, or Christmas gift for any cigar aficionado in your life.
- ARTISAN CRAFTED ELEGANCE – With its handcrafted rosewood finish, gold plated hinges, and simple yet beautiful design, this Spanish cedar customized humidor is sure to impress your guests.
- LONG-LASTING & DURABLE – Choose a cigar humidor box that won’t let you down! We use tempered glass that’s tough against marks or accidental impacts, while the felt-lined bottom is hard to scratch.
The Mantello 25-50 Cigar Desktop Humidor is an extremely popular, extremely stylish yet inexpensive humidor. For this price the quality is excellent and the tempered glass top is a feature that appeals to many cigar aficionados.
With a scratch-resistant and felt-lined bottom this humidor will look stylish and sophisticated while positioned on your desktop. With a secure seal, the humidity is easy to maintain and the package also includes a humidifier, removable cedar divider, and manual.
The humidor measures at 10 1/4″ W x 8 3/4″ D x 4 3/8″ Height.
- Quality humidor with secure seals.
- Scratch-resistant and felt-lined bottom.
- A few issues with the gauge.
La Madera Cubana
- Ignis Cigars Black Leather Travel Humidor With Tools inside
- Cigar Case Includes humidifier, hygrometer, syphones cutter, brass key and key lock
- Size: 8 1/2″ (w) x 5″ (l) x 3 1/2″ (h)
- Top Of the Cigar Box is Formed to Fit Tools
- Small desktop humidor with cedar finish; holds between 6 and 15 cigars
The La Cubana Leather Travel Humidor is the perfect travel companion for cigar smokers. The humidor also comes with a cutter, humidifier, and a lock and key. With the capacity to hold 6-10 cigars you can imagine it is quite small and compact but it is still a great humidor.
In particular, the leather finish is very elegant and stylish. While there could be a better interior, the size and style of the humidor still make it perfect for traveling. A great beginner humidor.
- It is convenient to have.
- It is perfect for traveling.
- Ease of storage.
- Material is not premium quality – it feels a little cheap.
- A small capacity, however, this is also a pro as it makes it small.
- Holds up to 50 cigars | Color: Maple veneer with French Antique Distressed Walnut finish
- Ash Burl Parquet Top | Antiqued Hardware
- Spanish Cedar Lift-out Tray with Divider | 1 Divider in the Lower Section | Lined with Premium Spanish Cedar
- Hidden Internal Locking Hinges | Large Humidifier and Glass Hygrometer
- External Dimensions: 15″W x 10.5″D x 7.5″H
The Caesar Classic Antique Humidor is for those who like something a bit more grandeur. The cedar wood humidor comes with stylish, handles as well. This humidor can hold up to 120 cigars. Definitely a statement piece. The lock and key are also a nice finish and it seals very well.
- Produced with cedarwood.
- Great seals.
- Sophisticated and stylish.
- There are reports of issues with the hygrometer and humidifier.
Importers Versailles 100
- Holds up to 100 cigars
- Tempered beveled glass top and front
- 1 large rectangle humidifier in spanish cedar holder and 1 front mounted glass hygrometer with brass frame
- Spanish cedar tray with divider and 1 divider at bottom
- Recessed brass carry handles
The Versailles Humidor features the glass top – classic design for those who prefer more traditional items. This humidor also comes with a lock and key and can store up to 100 (maximum) cigars all though I couldn’t imagine fitting that many in.
The glass paneling makes this a popular humidor. A great humidor at a very good price.
- Beautiful design.
- It has an inbuilt Spanish cedar humidifier holder.
- Divider for two storage compartments.
- The hygrometer has a history of breaking down.
The Modena Countertop
- Holds up to 100 Cigars | Color: Dark Cherry
- Angled Glasstop Display For Improved Visibility | 4 adjustable spanish cedar dividers
- Includes 2 humidifiers, hygrometer and lock & key set
- Features gold side handles, a gold pull, gold internal locking hinges
- Dimensions: 21.5″W x 10″D x 7″H
As you can see the Modena Countertop Cigar Display Humidor has a very large glass panel on the top. If you like to have your cigars on display then this is the humidor for you. Featuring 4 adjustable dividers it makes separating your cigars very easy.
With the ability to hold up to 100 cigars this humidor is great. In addition, it features two humidifiers and a hygrometer.
- Beautifully made with cherry wood.
- Large glass panel for displaying cigars
- 4 dividers.
- Issues with the seal and lock coming out.
- Desktop glass top humidor holds up to 100 cigars
- The box is very roomy for anyone wanting to collect 50 to 100 cigars
- Lock and Key, Polished Hardware, One Traditional Foam Humidifier
- Huge dimensions, approx 13x9x6
- One Removable Tray, Premium Spanish cedar
A very simple model with a different style glass panel on the top. The Beautiful Dublin Glasstop Cigar Humidor can hold up to 100 cigars and does a fantastic job of maintaining humidity levels. It has one traditional foam humidifier as well as a lock and key.
Featuring a removable tray and divider this makes separating your cigars easy. It is approximately 13 inches x 9 inches x 6inches.
- Beautiful & stylish.
- A glass window on top to see your cigars.
- Tight seals.
- The hygrometer can be a little inaccurate, be sure to calibrate it properly.
It is imperative to store your cigars in optimal conditions. Failing to do so will lead to your cigars becoming un-smokable. Take care of your cigars with a humidor or an electronic option and your smoking experiences are going to be great. From our list of the best humidor, we hope you can select one that suits your needs.