Why Do you Need a Humidor?
Humidors are used to control the climate for storing your cigars. The cigars need to be keep at specific humidity levels to mimic the climate where the tobacco is grown.
For optimal storage cigars need to be kept:
- Humidity: 68-74%
- Max Temperature: 73°F (23°C)
- Ideal Conditions: 70°F (21°C) and 70% humidity.
Without proper storage, ie. a humidor, cigars will last around 1-2weeks but this is dependent on your climate. Refer to our post about making your own humidor if you are unable to purchase one.
For a short period of time it is best to store cigars in a sealable, ziplock plastic bag. Never store your cigars in the fridge.
What Happens Without a Humidor
A few things can go wrong if you don’t store your cigars properly. These include:
- Burning too fast
- Bitter taste
- Difficulty lighting
- Cigar may go out while smoking
- Beetle infestation
Best Cigar Humidor
Never fear, the following post will show the best humidor and Cigar Cigars top 10 selections. This is our number 1 selection for humidors.
Mantello 100 Cigar Desktop Humidor Glasstop
- Holds Up To 100 Cigars depending on the Ring Gauge
- Spanish Cedar Lining, Tempered Glass Top, Solid Brass Hinges
- Removable Tray With Divider, Felt-lined Bottom, Lock & Key Set
- Includes Humidor, Humidifier, Tray, and Divider. Cigars Not Included
- Approximate Humidor Exterior Dimensions: 13.5 x 9.4 x 6.3 inches
A few reasons why Mantello 100 Cigar Desktop Humidor Glasstop is our top selection.
The humidor is Spanish Cedar Lined with a tempered glass top and solid brass hinges.
Measuring at approximately 13.5 x 9.4 x 6.3 inches this will look stylish on any desktop. It also includes a humidor, humidifier, tray, and divider.
This humidor is designed to last while looking sophisticated and stylish with two compartments for storing up to 100 cigars depending on the ring gauge.
Choosing a Humidor
While there are a few key things to consider when purchasing a humidor, an big factor is the style. This is a personal choice so while you need to consider the functionality if it ticks all the boxes then choose one based on style.
They come in all shapes and sizes and can hold from a handful of cigars, well into the hundreds.
For complete beginners we recommend a table top humidor. They are great entry level humidors and are generally inexpensive. This is another plus as if you are unsure of your cigar smoking future you won’t want to pay too much.
Generally the inside is comprised of Spanish cedar. The type of wood is key as not all wood is suitable for the required humidity levels. If you are in a hurry, check out our top 3 best humidor.
Best Budget Humidor
– Holds 25- 50 cigars
– Tempered glass top
– High quality spanish cedar
– Budget friendly
Best Mid Range Humidor
– Holds up to 100 cigars
– Solid wood
– Features 2 compartments
– Tempered glass top
The Best Humidor 2018
Here is a list of the best 12 cigar humidors you can get in 2018. As mentioned, the style you choose is very personal.
La Cubana Cherry Wooden Cigar Humidor with Golden Metal
- Solid wood construction with Metal frame work for extended durability
- Interior is defined with high quality Oak Wood for exceptional aroma and moisture preservation
- Scratch-resistant premium reclaimed wood finish with felt-lined bottoms
- Comes in Black Cardboard Gift Box
- Has two compartments that can provide a convenient storage space for up to 50 cigars
Are you having problems with keeping your cigars fresh and contamination free? If yes, then check out the all new La Cubana Cigars Wooden Cigar Humidor today to see how amazing it is! This wooden cigar humidor from La Cubana cigars is a high quality cigar storage box that has all the makings of the perfect classic gift for any cigar lover. The box has an extraordinary design which features a High-quality lacquer finish, a durable metal framework on the inside and dual interior compartments for storing your rolls of tobacco. The Solid wood construction of the box houses the Hygrometer and humidifier which have been fixed under the internal wooden lining of the box lid. The Interior of the box is lined with high quality Oak Wood, which helps to preserve the aroma and moisture of your cigars by regulating air content in the box. The hinge of the box is designed with a solid metal frame work which makes it easy to open or close the box. The metal framework of the hinge also adds a...
The La Cubana Humidor is a beautiful humidor that is made of solid, scratch resistant cherry wood with metal framework.
With a dried Spanish Cedar interior, moisture will not be an issue for your cigars. I actually think the cedar enhances the aroma of the stored cigars.
This humidor is designed to last while looking sophisticated and stylish with two compartments for storing up to 50 cigars depending on the ring gauge.
- Scratch resistant cedar wood.
- Stylish and highly effective.
- Stores up to 50 cigars.
- Issues with delivery and packaging.
Mantello 25-50 Cigar Desktop Humidor Royale Glasstop
- Holds 25 to 50 Cigars depending on the Ring Gauge, Tempered Glass Top
- Authentic Spanish Cedar Wood Interior, Scratch-resistant Felt-lined Bottom
- Secure Seal on closure insures Proper Humidity, Cigars Pictured Not Included
- Package Includes Humidor, Humidifier, Removable Cedar divider, and Manual
- Approximate Humidor Exterior Dimensions: 10 1/4" W x 8 3/4" D x 4 3/8" Height
The Mantello 25-50 Cigar Desktop Humidor is an extremely popular, extremely stylish yet inexpensive humidor.
For this price the quality is excellent and the tempered glass top is a feature that appeals to many cigar aficionados. With a scratch resistant and felt lined bottom this humidor will look stylish and sophisticated while positioned on your desktop.
With a secure seal the humidity is easy to maintain and the package also includes a humidifier, removable cedar divider and manual. The humidor measures at 10 1/4″ W x 8 3/4″ D x 4 3/8″ Height.
- Budget friendly.
- Quality humidor with secure seals.
- Scratch resistant and felt lined bottom.
- A few issues with the gauge.
La Cubana Leather Travel Cigar Humidor Includes Humidifier, Hygrometer, Syphone, Cutter, Brass Key and Lock By Usgifts
- Ignis Cigars Black Leather Travel Humidor With Tools inside
- Cigar Case Includes humidifier, hygrometer, syphones cutter, brass key and key lock
- Size: 8 1/2" (w) x 5" (l) x 3 1/2" (h)
- Top Of the Cigar Box is Formed to Fit Tools
- Small desktop humidor with cedar finish; holds between 6 and 15 cigars
Elegant, thoughtful and classic for the cigar lover. Contains the tools of the trade for cigar aficionados to enjoy a luxuriously good smoke. Your choice of a locking, brown and dark brown bonded leather with white stitching case or a black leather case; both have a brass key and brass lock includes a humidifier, hygrometer, and a cigar cutter. The humidor is large enough to get the job don, yet, small enough to travel with you or to keep in your office drawer. If cigar box is a gift, it will be enjoyed for years to come. And, if this cigar case is for you, treat yourself to a way of storing and/or traveling with your favorite cigars in tow.
With the capacity to hold 6-10 cigars you can imagine it is quite small and compact but it is still a great humidor.
In particular, the leather finish is very elegant and stylish. While there could be a better interior, the size and style of the humidor still makes it perfect for travelling. A great beginners humidor.
- It is convenient to have.
- It is perfect for traveling.
- Ease of storage.
- Budget friendly.
- Material is not premium quality – it feels a little cheap.
- A small capacity, however this is also a pro as it makes it small.
Prestige Import Group - The Caesar Classic Antique Humidor
- Holds up to 50 cigars
- Maple veneer with French Antique Distressed Walnut finish
- Ash Burl Parquet Top
- Hidden Internal Locking Hinges
- 15" W x 10 1/2" D x 7 1/2" H
This fine 50 count Ceasar cigar humidor combines old world craftsmanship coupled with an antique distressed walnut finish and an ash burl parquet top. The humidor is then finished off with a traditional tarnished pull ring. Opening the Classic reveals a removable cedar tray with an adjustable divider and a lower section with two adjustable dividers for additional storage. Offers solid cedar construction, a rectangular humidifier, brass hygrometer and solid brass locking hinges. Perfectly recreates the ideal level of humidity to preserve the taste and aroma of your favorite cigars
The Caesar Classic Antique Humidor is for those who like something a bit more grandeur. The cedar wood humidor comes with stylish, handles as well.
This humidor can hold up to 120 cigars. Definitely a statement piece. The lock and key is also a nice finish and it seals very well.
- Produced with cedar wood.
- Great seals.
- Sophisticated and stylish.
- There are reports of issues with the hygrometer and humidifier.