We may earn a small commission on purchases made through our links. Learn more.
Simply put, a wineador is a wine cooler that has been modified to store cigars. A wineador is useful in a country with a hot and humid climate or during summer months as they are excellent for regulating temperatures.
Functionality aside, wineadors look very sophisticated, the clear door to them a great way to display your collection of cigars. Another great feature of a wineador is that they include an internal fan which is good for air circulation, an important consideration for cigar storage!
Not only this but the internal fan is also good for dispersing the humidity throughout the wineador.
Best Wineadors Available
When it comes to finding the best solution for your cigar cooling and storing needs there are two choices:
- Purchase a cigar cooler that is specifically designed for cigar storage and has all the features you need and want. This would include cedar shelves and a hygrometer, you will just need to purchase a means of humidification.
- Purchase a wine cooler and convert it buy purchasing cedar shelves, a hygrometer, and humidification.
The first option is the easiest but if you have a wine cooler already that could be better used as cigar storage then upgrading it will also work.
Whynter CHC 123
1 used from $175.77
- 1.2 cu. ft capacity; Equipped to accommodate 250+ cigars, Freestanding setup & Vibration-free thermoelectric cooling
- Removable Spanish cedar drawer and shelves (2 flat shelves, 1 drawer) ; Secrity lock and two keys
- Digital Display: Our cooler humidor comes enhanced with an easy-to-use digital temperature display complete with an adjustable thermostat of 52ºF – 65ºF.
- Adjustable digital display with temperature range from 52ºF – 65ºF; Soft interior LED lighting
- Even Distribution: The humidor box boasts internal fan-forced circulation for even humidity and temperature distribution throughout the cabinet
The Whynter CHC 123 Cigar Cooler is a stainless steel 250+ cigar capacity humidor that has a freestanding setup. This is a stylish wineador with a total of 1.2 cubic feet.
- Spanish cedar shelves and drawers
- Adjustable thermostat with a temperature range from 54ºF – 66ºF
- A vibration-free thermoelectric cooling system
- Internal fan-forced circulation
- Stainless steel
- 250+ cigar capacity
- Analog hygrometer
Designed for optimal storage of cigars and the ability to control the humidity range from 62% to 75% when at room temperature. Included is a humidification tray where you can use your preferred solution or moisture beads for humidity regulation.
This unit is equipped with an elegant analog hygrometer that functions well to monitor the conditions inside. Using a thermoelectric cooling system, this machine works to minimize any drying that can occur when cooling. This is comparable with a house compressor-based cooling system operates in refrigeration units.
Along with the internal fan, storage conditions for the cigars are excellent. Inside, there are four Spanish Cedar flat shelves with two spacious drawers, the Spanish Cedar complements the cigar aroma and repels insects.
- Measures: 20″ Long x 16.97″ Wide x 29″ High
- Freestanding setup
Overall the Whynter CHC 123 Cigar Cooler is an exceptional unit that offers a large storage capacity of cigars. The Spanish Cedar wood shelves and drawers complement the unit well and the analog hygrometer makes monitoring the humidity levels easy.
3 used from $295.63
- [Opti-Temp Digital Temp Controls] – Take command of the temperature in your wineador thanks to Opti-Temp — a system that heats or cools your cigar collection to the exact degree you need. It doesn’t matter if you live in a damp or humid area.
- [Store Your Cigars At the Right Humidity] – Cigars maintain their full flavor when stored at the right humidity level. Our thermoelectric system keeps your cigar collection cool without removing moisture from your cigar cooler.
- [Elevate Your Cigar Flavor With Spanish Cedar Shelves] – Store cigars in the high-quality Spanish cedar drawer or place cigar boxes on the vented Spanish cedar shelves. Spanish cedar enhances the flavor of your cigars, helps maintain the humidity level.
- [Convenience In Care For Your Collection] – Quickly and accurately check the humidity levels in your cigar humidor with a new digital hygrometer that features a bold new interface. An upgraded lock and key give you certified protection.
- [Built-In Or Freestanding] – The Compact design of our Cigar Humidor allows you to store it as a built-in unit, or as a freestanding cooler in your desired location.
The NewAir CC Cigar Cooler has a capacity of 250 cigars although there is the option to purchase a 400-capacity model as well.
- Two adjustable shelves
- Adjustable drawer
- 250 cigar capacity
- Quiet & Vibration Free
- Thermoelectric Cooling System
- Built-in Hygrometer
- Interior LED Lighting
- Spanish Cedar Construction
Due to the two shelves as well as drawer, there is the option to store cigars in their box or on the loose. This unit can hold up to 250 cigars which is pretty decent sized. The cooling system is very quiet and is vibration-free.
It is thermoelectric which means you can control the temperature of the cigars – the temps can be lower than the room temperature but cannot be adjusted to higher than the room temperature.
Included is a built-in hygrometer to monitor the humidity and temperatures which can be observed via the digital display. Interior LED lighting adds to the stylish look of this wineador without affecting the temperature within.
This also boasts a complete Spanish Cedar construction which as you know is excellent for repelling cigar beetled and adding to the aroma of the cigars.
- Measures 14.00″L x 19.50″W x 19.00″H
- Freestanding setup
Overall the NewAir CC Cigar Cooler is an excellent wineador that offers ample storage capacity. The built-in hygrometer and interior LED are just a few of the features this cooler has.
- This refurbished product is tested and certified to look and work like new. The refurbishing process includes functionality testing, basic cleaning, inspection, and repackaging. The product ships with all relevant accessories, and may arrive in a generic box
The Whynter freestanding provides cigar aficionados with a stylish and effective way to preserve their cigars.
- Holds up to 250 Cigars
- 3 Removable Sliding Trays
- Free-Standing with Adjustable Feet
- Stainless Steel Tempered Glass Door
- Digital Hygrometer Displays Humidity & Temperature in Celsius or Fahrenheit
- Ultra-Quiet Operation
- Interior Light
The thermoelectric cooling system includes an adjustable thermostat from 51°F – 64°F. The digital hygrometer displays the humidity and temperature so monitoring this is easy. Each cabinet includes a water reservoir tray (no sponge), this can be filled with distilled water to help with humidity management.
This design has 3 vented sliding trays that are also removable. The storage capacity of this unit is 250 cigars and it can also fit complete boxes as well. A free-standing unit with adjustable feet this unit can be positioned wherever you wish. It is compatible with 110/120V platforms.
- 19″H x 14″W x 20″D
- Freestanding setup
Overall the Whynter has excellent seals and excellent humidity control. This is a stylish cooler that performs and looks good.
- 400+ cigars 4.2 cu. Ft capacity; True Spanish cedar drawers and shelves: 3 drawers, 1 half shelf and 1 fixed wood trim
- Humidity tray and hygrometer for inside humidity level maintenance; Freestanding setup;
- Powerful compressor cooling; Digital temperature display & adjustable thermostat 64F – 72F, and Digital hygrometer & adjustable humidity range of 65% – 75%
- Security lock and key; Two activated carbon filters to ensure cigars remain free from contaminating odors
- Dual internal fan-forced circulation for even humidity and temperature distribution throughout the cabinet
The Whynter CWC is a double-functioning wineador cigar cooler and wine storage unit which is one half dedicated to each.
- 350+ Cigar storage capacity
- 16 x 750 ml wine bottle capacity
- Adjustable thermostat
- Removable drawers and shelves
- Humidity tray and hygrometer included
This is a very large unit with the ability to store both cigars and wine appealing to many households. With the capacity to store over 350 cigars in their boxes or drawers. A brushed stainless steel door and black exterior add to the style of the model.
Each side is individually temperature controlled which allows for excellent management. There are 4 shelves built into the model and 3 drawers which are all made from cedarwood. The hygrometer is accurate and there is an inbuilt fan which means you won’t have to open the door for ventilation.
The thermoelectric cooling system is vibration-free and the internal fan is also quiet which appeals to many. The only downside to this unit is the steep price. Although if you need the capacity and like having a statement piece then this is the one for you.
- Dimensions: 22.84″ W x 19.5″ D x 30″ H in
- Freestanding setup
Overall the Whynter CWC is a large unit that can hold over 400 cigars and 16 bottles of wine. If you are in disagreements with your wife about a wineador then this may be the item you are looking for!
Owners Guide To A Wineador
Due to the size, wineadors can store from 50 to over 400 cigars, so these are for the serious cigar aficionado. There are many different colors and styles to choose from so be sure to select the right dimensions for the space you plan to use it.
It is also important to store or position the wineador out of direct light and no way near a heating system. These will both affect the efficiency of the wineador and no one wants to see the result on the cigars.
For optimal storage of cigars the humidity and temperature both need to stay within the 60-70 range, this is a guide and many people will attest to a lower humidity but as a rule of thumb, the optimal conditions are 70°F (21°C) and 70% humidity.
How to Prepare and Season a Wineador
Just like with a humidor the wineador must be seasoned. I would recommend allowing 24-48 hours for the wineador to be prepared before using it. Depending on the cigar cooler purchased, it may come with cedar shelves or plastic shelves.
The cedar shelves will have a very distinct smell that will be transferred to your cigars, but so too will plastic ones. So if you don’t like the new smell that comes with the wineador, follow these steps:
- Remove the wineador from the packaging and leave it open and unplugged
- Use distilled vinegar, a sponge and some baking soda
- Wet the sponge with the distilled vinegar, it should be damp but not dripping wet and wipe the interior of the cooler
- Leave it open until the moisture has dried
- Plus in the cooler and place a carton of baking soda inside for 12hours to absorb any smell of vinegar
- Re-calibrate the wineador
After your hygrometer is calibrated and wineador seasoned you can begin to store your cigars, I would suggest adding 10 at a time and monitor the conditions daily as opposed to filling it from the start.
More or less the humidification process used for cigar humidors is the same for wineadors. It is recommended to use a two-way humidification method, such as Boveda Packs, Xikar, or something similar. This is to ensure things don’t become too wet or too dry.
Cigar storage coolers or wineadors are ideal for warmer climates with fluctuating temperatures. Stylish and sleek wineadors look great and function exceptionally well as humidors. The other great thing is the cigar storage capacity, ranging from 50 to well over 400 depending on the model you purchase.
The wineadors reviewed in this post are all high quality, it is hard to find faults with them.
Wineadors look very sophisticated, the clear door to them a great way to display your collection of cigars.